By registering as a Exhibitor for the Museums and the Web conference you agree that all terms and conditions below, numbered 1-16, are explicitly accepted.
- Restriction on Location of Exhibits & Solicitation. Vendors are not permitted to conduct or solicit business in the exhibit hall unless they have rented exhibit space. Vendors are not permitted to exhibit products and services at the conference except in the exhibit hall or conference program time slot.
- Booth Assignments. Booth assignments will be made in the order that payment is received at Museums and the Web. To be complete, a contract must include the full rental fee and all required texts. Assignments will not be made until all required rental fees have been paid. Museums and the Web reserves the right to change booth assignments at any time.
- Booths. Each exhibit space (8’ x 10’) includes draped back and sides, and, if requested one 6’ draped table, 2 chairs, and two 110v electrical outlets. No credit is provided for equipment that is not used. Additional booth furnishings, audiovisual equipment, electrical and telephone connections, signs and drayage services are available for an additional charge. If an exhibitor plans to install a completely constructed display so that the standard booth equipment is not desired, no part of the constructed display shall project so as to obstruct the view of adjacent booths. Booth side dividers of a height in excess of 35” must not extend further than three feet out from the back wall. Booth walls must not exceed eight feet in height. Island exhibits must not include any walls that block visibility of neighboring booths. Any exception must first be approved by Museums and the Web. Audiovisual equipment must not be played at a level that would interfere with adjacent exhibitors.
- Internet Connections. Wireless Network access will be provided on connections over 35mb to a local ISP; actual throughput speeds and up times are not guaranteed. Exhibitors may not attach hubs to network connections. If hardwired ethernet ports are required they should be ordered in advance.
- Payment & Cancellation. Applicable fees are based on the date that payment is received by Museums and the Web. Exhibitors may cancel this agreement by written notice to Museums and the Web. Cancellations made prior to October 31, 2013 are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will be granted on cancellations made on or after November 1, 2013.
- Union Clearance & Exclusivity. In order to conform to union contract rules and regulation, all exhibitors must use qualified union personnel for the various services required for installation and dismantling of exhibits and for material handling within the show. Exhibitors must use the service provider designated by Museums and the Web for drayage and rigging, electrical, plumbing, and custom cleaning services. For other services, exhibitors desiring to use contractors other than those designated must submit the necessary certificates of insurance in advance so that permission can be secured for said contractor to operate.
- Use of Space. No exhibitor shall permit any other corporation or firm or its representatives to use the space allotted to the signer of this contract, nor shall the exhibitor display articles not manufactured or normally sold by him. Requests for co-participation by any other corporation or firms in space assigned to the original applicant must be made in writing to Museums and the Web. If permission is granted by Museums and the Web, the additional firm must register its Representatives at the Full Registration Rate. Exhibitors may not sublet booths or assign this lease in whole or in part.
- Limitation of Liability. The individual exhibitor hereby assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, defend, indemnify and save the Hotel, its owners, its operator, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and agents harmless against all claims, losses or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines and attorney’s fees arising out of or caused by its installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy or use of the exhibition premises or a part thereof, excluding any such liability caused by the sole gross negligence of the Hotel and its employees and agents.
- Security & Insurance. The organizers will not be liable for damage or loss to exhibitor’s property, nor shall they be liable for any injury that may occur in the exhibition area. The individual exhibitor shall obtain and keep in force during the term of the installation and use of the exhibit premises, policies of Comprehensive General Liability Insurance and Contractual Liability Insurance, insuring and specifically referring to the Contractual liability set forth in this Exhibit Agreement, in an amount not less than $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit for personal injury and property damage.
- Protection of the Exhibit Hall Facility. Nothing shall be posted or tacked, nailed, screwed or otherwise attached to the columns, walls, floors, or other parts of the conference hotel without permission from the proper building authority and exhibition management.
- Drayage. The organizers have an exhibition management firm. Shipments to the hotel must be arranged through them; contact info is here.
- Installation & Dismantling. Packing, unpacking, and assembly of exhibits will be done only in designated areas at designated times under the direction of exhibition management. The hotel prohibits posting of any kind on columns, walls, floors, or other parts of the building or furniture. Distribution of promotional gummed stickers or labels is strictly prohibited. Space not set up by one hour before the official opening of the exhibit hall may be reassigned by exhibition management for other purposes and will not be made available to the exhibitor. No exhibits shall be dismantled before the official closing time of the show.
- Distribution of Printed Matter, Samples, etc. Neither exhibitors nor non-exhibitors shall distribute to the conference attendees printed matter, samples, souvenirs, or the like, except from within the rented space or through insertion into conference registration packets as provided for by the organizers.
- Listing of Exhibitors in Conference Material. Exhibitors will be listed on the conference Web site and in the printed material distributed at the conference. They must supply a brief description (100 words or less) of their exhibit and a URL through which we can link to their corporate Web site at registration. The description must be received by October 31st to ensure appearance in the print materials. Exhibitors who do not provide a description prior to that date may be listed by name only.
- Agreement to Conditions. Each exhibitor agrees for himself and his employees to abide by these conditions, it being understood and agreed that the sole control of the exhibition hall rests with exhibition management.
- Amendments. The organizers shall have sole authority to interpret and enforce all rules and regulations contained herein, and to make any amendment thereto and to make such further rules and regulations as shall be necessary for the orderly conduct of the exhibition.